Excel Formulas and Functions for
Human Resources & Admin Professionals
This course focuses on learning Excel formulas and functions and their applications in various HR scenarios. Learn a variety of Excel functions for tackling quantitative tasks for effective decision making. Orient your approach towards automating tasks with logical functions and reducing tedious labour with Excel time savers.
With the help of several skills covered, you will be able to perform many calculations with ease, speed, and a great level of confidence. Create and manage budgets, metrics, and projections with ease. Create business charts to display the key HR indicators. Design a form for collecting HR data with validation rules. After the course, you will be able to use Excel as a system with far-reaching capabilities. View the detailed course outline by clicking on the link given below.
Prerequisites: Proficiency in Windows PC environment with excellent mouse skills. Some work experience of Microsoft Excel with basic formulas and functions.
Software Version: Microsoft Excel 365/2019/2016/2013 for Windows PC.
Course Duration: One Day
Class Times-1: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time (Vancouver, Los Angeles)
Class Times-2: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time (Toronto, New York)
Course Pace and Style: Medium-to-Fast; Hands-on, Intensive, Interactive
Course Delivery Format-1: OnLine Live with an Instructor.
Course Delivery Format-2: In-Person, for group training, at client sites in Canada only.
Course Fee Per Attendee: USD 385 (includes course material cost).
Course Outline Download Link: Excel Formulas and Functions for HR
Cancellation & Date Change Policy Link: Cancellation Policy
Technical Requirements for Taking OnLine Courses: OnLine Tech Requirements
This course is pre-approved for:
– 6.5 PDCs by SHRM towards SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
– 6.5 CPD hours by CPHR-BC & Yukon, CPHR-Alberta, and CPHR-Manitoba.
What is covered in the course?
- Getting to know the Excel Time Savers.
- Using Flash Fill and Pick from List commands.
- Creating a Custom List of HR items.
- Refresher-basic Formula & Functions.
- Formulas for HR Metrics.
- Creating & using Named Ranges.
- Consolidating training budget using 3D Formulas.
- Using Text Functions to tackle text data.
- Joining text with CONCATENATION function.
- Splitting text into columns.
- Using function TODAY to track years of service, tenure, and contracts.
- Using logical functions IF, AND, OR for automation, calculation, and tracking key indicators.
- Setting up VLOOKUP function to retrieve HR data efficiently.
- Creating an Employee Lookup.
- Extracting figures with custom logic using SUMIF & COUNTIF functions.
- Creating business charts from HR data.
- Linking several workbooks to create a summary.
- Creating an HR Form & Template with Validation Rules.